Thursday, July 7, 2011

Introduction

Hi! I'm Daisy. Dance is my life. Need I say more?

Okay, maybe I will. I've been dancing since I was 2, which sounds normal or impressive, depending on your background. But I really only danced one day a week and I didn't even go to all of my classes. Oops. I really started getting into dance in the last 2-3 years and decided to major in dance after attending NYCDA's (New York City Dance Alliance) Summer Dance Intensive. Actually, it wasn't really much of a decision - the decision made me into who I am today.

I do ballet, pointe, jazz, contemporary, lyrical, a touch of modern, not much hip hop, I took a ballroom class once, I've done about 10 hours of tap in my entire life...so I'm diverse-ish, but looking to expand. Even though I haven't danced as much or taken as many classes as many other aspiring professionals, I've amassed a bit of knowledge in my time (but I'm always looking for more!). My goal is to share tips here, take my readers along on my path of dance and personal growth, and learn from readers' suggestions and comments!

Eventually, I hope dancers will be able to come to my blog for tips, advice, ideas, discussions - anything and everything dance. On that note, if you're reading, please leave me a comment! I'll be so ecstatic to hear from you. Really.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment