Monday, August 6, 2012

Auditions for Justin Bieber & Jon M. Chu?!

This. Is what I call a fantastic opportunity and true use of modern technology.

As you all pretty much know, commercial dancers generally choose a city to live in (NYC or LA for most) and audition around for jobs that may last anywhere from a few hours to a few years. If you don't live where the performance or shoot is taking place, and you don't have the money to fly there and stay in a hotel (who does?!), you won't be looking for that job. Until now.

Normally, I'm not a huge Bieber fan. But I am a Jon M. Chu fan, and in this case, I respect the work that they are doing together. For Bieber's Believe Tour, Jon & Justin are holding both LA and online Youtube auditions! They don't want to limit the dancers they hire to the LA area, they want the cream of the crop of the entire country - world even! And for a chance to work with Jon M. Chu and to book a gig as huge as Justin Bieber, what commercial dancer's dream isn't fulfilled here?

I found out about this opportunity through DanceSpirit, and was extremely excited until I realized that I was still in school and couldn't commit to the tour even in the slim, slim chance that I'd be cast. But, I thought, maybe some of you do have the availability to commit! I encourage all of you who have the time to go for it! It's a video audition - there's no stakes, no nervousness, you can cut and splice all you want to present yourself in the best light, and best of all, auditioning is completely free! So what are you waiting for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment