Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dance Resolutions Update

At the beginning of 2012, I made a list of New Year's resolutions that I...er...resolved to keep this year.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/163580_303047143113321_520031548_n.jpg
Photo credit to one of my lovely friends who took this for me at the beach.
Since it's around half way through 2012, I decided to go back and see if I'm on the right track with those resolutions:

1) Get in shape, lose weight
Oookay, this one's a doozy. I was doing just fine with getting in shape towards the end of the school year (May), and I was losing weight in June, but then I left the country for visiting relatives/vacation...which meant an uncomfortable amount of food and absolutely no dancing...which means that I'm now back to the weight I was at the beginning of the year, plus a little extra. I'm now resolving to lose 20 pounds in the next year to get back to the weight I was 5 years ago. However, the subtext of this resolution was to get over my food addiction and food guilt...and I think that I've accomplished this.

2) Post more on both this blog and my YouTube channel
I did manage to post at least once a week most of the time! My YouTube channel isn't getting much action though. I had planned a film for this summer as a collaboration with an old friend, but it doesn't seem to be happening...

3) Do pointe more
Kind of. I accomplished this during the school year - I was en pointe at least once a week almost every week. This summer has been a complete halt in pointe though...

4) Keep sleeping!
This one I've kept pretty well. I get 7+ hours every night, and it's a beautiful thing.

5) Drink more water
Yes, I have been drinking more water. Thank goodness for that. I can see both my skin and weight benefiting from it, and I've actually started to like water a lot more recently. That probably had something to do with the vacation I just got back from: the only water I had was room temperature, and the room temperature was ridiculously high. Ice cubes make water taste delicious now.

So the three resolutions I made that actually take effort and self discipline have been half-accomplished, and the two that are pleasant to do have been accomplished. Not too great, but at least I set goals for myself and am constantly thinking about how to make more progress with them. I hope the second half of the year will bring at least the same amount, if not more, adherence to my goals and dedication to my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment