Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Youtube Best of the Best: Updates 16

Anthony Lee - Somebody that I Used to Know
Minimalistic, precise, clean, musical. There isn't much movement persay, but it's undeniably dance, and good dance at that.

Royal Ballet Daily Class
I was trained RAD style in ballet for all my years (before this year) of training. This is an insider perspective of one of the greatest ballet companies in the world. Makes me feel a little inadequate. Just a little. WARNING: this video is an hour long. No, I have not watched the whole thing yet (finals week). Yes, I will eventually.

Get in Front Performance Promo at San Francisco Ballet
Behind the scenes of a photoshoot with beautiful dancers.

Christopher Wheeldon - After the Rain
Damian Smith and Yuan Yuan Tan. Ah yes, the stars of SF Ballet (in my mind at least). My favorite ballerina with her normal partner (who is also amazing) and one of my favorite choreographers, on an outdoor stage, at sunset, set to exquisite music. Doesn't get much better.

Jon M. Chu - DS2UDIO - TO PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO DANCE...
I am so thrilled this is happening. Jon M. Chu, the founder of LXD and director of Step Up 3D (perhaps you've heard of him?), is creating "the world's first dance lifestyle channel," to premiere this summer on YouTube. Dance is finally coming to light as not just entertainment, but as a high form of art and expression. It's happening!

2 comments:

  1. Its good that they have a dance lifestyle channel, It can be like yak films

    ReplyDelete