Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all my lovely US readers, happy turkey day! Everyone else, happy Thursday? On this day (and every other day), I am so thankful for so many things:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/112360692/holiday-sale-wishbone-necklace-tiny-gold?ga_search_query=wishbone
  1. all of you! Thank you for encouraging me to write and for continuing to read!
  2. My parents. They're so supportive of everything I do, especially my career choices. They've flown to my school to see all of my performances. I couldn't ask for more.
  3. The chance to attend college. Not all people do, especially dancers. Many dancers don't feel it's necessary, but college is an important period of growth, learning, and developing the identity you will carry for the rest of your life.
  4. Dance. There's nothing I love more and nothing I would rather do than dance for the rest of my days. It's my first and only love, and it has given me so much.
  5. Health. I'm not always in the best of condition (currently dealing with a sprained/compressed back and rehearsals for a concert next week), but I can get out of my bed every day and go to class. I can afford fruits and veggies so that I can cook myself healthy, varied meals every day.
  6. Little things. Fresh fuji apples off our family tree in the garden, crisp weather and sunny days, fuzzy jackets and socks, delicious baked things, the Internet, stealing bites of stuffing before it's stuffed in the turkey...
  7. On that note, I'm also thankful for tears when cutting the onion for stuffing, eating white bread while tearing it apart for stuffing (never get white bread!), peeling potatoes, and licking the bowl of mashed potatoes with my dog when they go into the oven.
  8. My friends. This year has been one of the best in my memory, and they've been a huge part of it.
There are so many others!
PS: did anyone catch the Rockettes this morning in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Their choreography was so modernized yet still within the theme of precision that the Rockettes have always had. Loving this new look! What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment