Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How bad do you want to succeed?

I thought I wanted to dance with all my heart. I thought I wanted it really bad. I thought I was extremely passionate. Then I saw this video: Inspiring: How Bad Do You Want It? (Success)
Update: the video link is now private. I'll do my best to find another link.

And something's changed for me. I've realized that it's not going to happen for you. You have to make it happen. Whatever dreams or ambitions you have, you have to make a goal and then every single day take a step towards making it happen. Whether that means choosing to study over going out with your friends, or not eating that piece of cake after dinner to lose weight, you have to want it, and you have to want it enough that you're willing to give up other things that you value. I mean, I already knew these things...I just didn't want to admit it or put in the work.

I know that I'm not a great model for this success story. Here I sit thinking, "I'd love to lose ten pounds," or even "I have to lose ten pounds, I have to dance," but I've got a bag of candy sitting next to me. I know that I don't work towards that goal every day. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I feel guilty, but I don't always do the right thing for myself.

So ask yourself now three things: what is/are your biggest goal/s in life? What can you do to get there? And just how bad do you want these things? "When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, you'll be successful." When you need something or someone in your life as badly as you want your own life, you'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment