Friday, March 23, 2012

Youtube Best of the Best: Updates 13

MJIT dancers at AXI Dancer Tech
You haven't seen amazing hip hop/breaking until you've seen these incredible dancers who have been hired for Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson Immortal Tour. Also, if you haven't heard of I.aM.mE's AXI (Avengers of Xtreme Illusion), check it out.

Moon and Chachi - I.aM.mE presents I want it all
A couple of really different pieces from Moon and Chachi in this video, but they're not any less amazing!

Chachi Gonzales - WOD 2012 Chachi iDance Preview
Speaking of Chachi, this is one of the best pieces I've ever seen her dance. She really holds the stage, and she's grown so much since we met her a year ago! I really admire how fearless she is, and I wish I was that way myself (also, she can sing too? Too talented). I really need to stop talking about her (and IME), but BRRRAAATTT is really good too.

Monika Jac Jagacick for AnOther Magazine - Dynamic Blooms
This isn't straight dance persay, it's bringing in the world of avant garde fashion, modeling, and makeup. However, their movements are dance, and are very similar to dance photoshoots (watch photoshoots for Dance Magazine and Dance Spirit on Youtube), plus the outfits and images created are so artistic, abstract, and beautiful.

RAkU: Yuan Yuan Tan
Again, not entirely a dance video, but it gives you the inside scoop on RAkU, a brilliant new piece at SF Ballet that stars Yuan Yuan Tan. This is why she's my favorite ballerina.

1 comment:

  1. Like it!!!!!
    I wonder when are they going to post the Cha Chi vid for AXI...

    ReplyDelete