Sunday, February 12, 2012

Youtube Best of the Best: Updates 11

Instant Noodles Crew - Taipei-2-LA
Aside from the fact that I have a soft spot for this crew, the editing on this video is brilliant. A great, fun way to show off each individual and to introduce the culture/background of the crew.

Most Romantic I Ever Seen
While I may not agree that this is the "most romantic" thing I've ever seen (or the most dance-like...), this is stunning. Not many of us (admit it, none of us) are that amazing and athletic, we're not all gymnasts and we don't have to be. However, the way this piece is presented is pretty dance-like, and the story makes it dance. All movement is dance, and this is exquisite movement and partnering.

TOKYO - How It Ends
Starring Mollee Gray from SYTYCD, it's pretty interesting choreography. There's definitely some moves in there I've never seen before, and some old standbys (barrel roll/tilts) that are exhibited beautifully by Mollee.

Olivier Wever's 3Seasons - Black Swan
I'm not entirely sure where the title "Black Swan" comes from, but this video is pure artistic editing, plus amazing conceptual dance.

Charise Crystow - Inside the Outside
A little rough around the edges, but she has unbelievable control, flexibility, and strength that gives her lovely lines. She's got great style and acting ability as well!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! I really need that so my dancer knowlege!!!
    Ps: LOVE instant noodles crew!!!

    ReplyDelete